There are two options for updating.
Option 1: Automatic Software Download
Downloads the TV software automatically via your existing Internet (if available).
After the download is complete, a confirmation message about starting an update appears when you turn on the TV.
To check whether you have
enabled this option. Using your remote, press HOME
button and select from the TV menu; Settings → Product Support
→ Automatic Software Download → On
Note: The software is downloaded when the TV is in standby mode.
2: USB Software Update
Please click on below links to manually download the software and update via USB. Select your country of residency
2. Hong Kong.
This Software Update provides you with the following benefit:
1. New feature: YouTube™ HD support.
Optimized by Sony’s exclusive X-Reality PRO/X-Reality engine, now you can watch millions of YouTube™ videos in HD* and online shows on a wide screen TV.
2. Improvements over earlier version: Improve performance and stability of Internet features.
Make calls to other Skype users or even regular telephone numbers, even
as you watch your favourite shows.
*Skype calls require a dedicated Sony microphone/camera, CMU-BR100 (not supplied). Skype-to-Skype calls are free. SkypeOut calls carry additional charges. Skype functions require a home network and broadband Internet connection. Supports half duplex audio with the following codecs: G.711, G.729, and SILK (8 kHz, 12 kHz, and 16 kHz). Supports H.264 video at 500 kbps, SD image quality 640×480 at 30 fps. Communication speed depends on network environment.
*Not available in Saudi Arabia and Nigeria*
- Facebook Widget: Click on the thumbnail of Friend’s embedded photos or videos to see them displayed full-screen. Clicking on a photo album displays pictures as a rolling slideshow.
- Twitter Widget: Ticker Mode shrinks Twitter’s timeline to a scrolling banner-style display at the bottom of the TV screen.
- TrackID™: Now you can even share your Music Search on Twitter*!